We’ve heard it time and time again “You Are What You Eat” when it pertains to gaining/losing weight or trying to maintain good health/wellness too. This phrase also, of course is fitting for when it comes to growing and keeping healthy hair.
Some of those same essential foods benefits the hair. A lack of important nutrients like vitamins A, C, D and E, iron, biotin, B vitamins, zinc, protein and essential fatty acids according to experts (and known from personal experience) will slow down hair growth or even cause hair loss. Therefore, a well balanced diet is encouraged.
See the list of foods below by Healthline “...Best Foods For Healthy Hair...” that we recommend to be beneficial. Start adding them into your daily diet and see the change in your hair...hair will have more luster, fullness, strength, etc. In conjunction with a healthy haircare routine and maintenance products (The Revive & Retain Ultimate Haircare System) results are more promising. Consistency is key!
1. Eggs- good source of protein, iron, rich in a B vitamin called biotin...not having enough of this vitamin can lead to hair loss...eggs support hair growth
2. Berries- consist of vitamins that promote hair growth-- like vitamin C-which has strong antioxidants that can help protect hair follicles against damage from free radicals
3. Spinach- keeps hair moisturized so it doesn't break. dark leafy greens have lots of vitamin A, iron, beta carotene, folate, and vitamin C-- together these cultivate healthy scalp & hair
4. Fatty Fish- salmon, sardines, mackerel are packed with protein, selenium, vitamin D3, B vitamins...healthy omega-3 fatty acids--which keeps hair full, shiny, and growing
5. Sweet Potatoes- filled with antioxidant called beta carotene...body turns beta carotene into vitamin A--which protects against dry, dull hair (carrots, pumpkin mangoes, cantaloupe have beta carotene as well)
6. Avocados- great source of essential fatty acids... rich in vitamin E--which may promote hair growth
7. Nuts/Seeds- packed with nutrients like vitamin E, B vitamins, zinc, and essential fatty acids--which all may support hair growth
8. Sweet Peppers- rich in vitamins A & C--which helps ensure hair stays healthy and may aid growth.
9.. Oysters- rich in zinc... not having enough of this mineral can cause hair loss (zinc is found in beef, crab, lobster, cereal that's fortified)
10. Meat - rich in iron that's easy to absorb...can aid growth, helps repair and strengthen hair follicles...deficiencies in protein and iron have been linked to hair loss
11. Beans- plant-based protein which is important for optimal hair health... has iron, zinc, biotin too
12. Soybeans- may prolong the active phase of hair growth
Head to your nearest grocery store to grab some of these foods. Try creating a meal plan. Something simple that you can commit to. Allow time for change (if consistent with healthy hair diet daily between 3-6 months significant healthy hair improvements should be seen). Document your journey. Stop by our eStore and take advantage of a new promotional code: Hazel15 for 15% off your entire order when you spend $15 and up!
Let's HEAL-thy Hair.